Quilting project is now done & dusted!

You may have been following along with my posts before Christmas on how I had decided to make a Miss 13 a quilt for her bed.  Having no previous quilting experience I chose to wing it and create as I went along. It was wrapped and under the Christmas tree in the dying hours but it was well worth all the effort.


 It is very light weight, which is perfect for our hot Australian summers.


I made my own binding and used a large quilt backing so I didn't need to join it.
I have caught the bug and have so many other projects now in mind.

If you would like to catch up on some of the other related posts, click on these links:

  1. Stitch in the ditch
  2. Using a 1/4 inch foot attachment
  3. Using for walking foot guide arm

9 comments:

LionessLady said...

Jodie, it's stunning! Have you quilted some squares and not others??? Very cleaver of you! Well done. I bet she loved it!

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

Thank you :)
The only squares I didn't quilt were the white waffle fabric ones.
And yes she does love it!

Kathy said...

It's lovely - simplicity always works and the fabric is gorgeous! Now that you've discovered patchwork and quilting you'll be hooked ! Cany wait to see the next one :)

Linda said...

Jodie it looks fabulous, I bet your daughter loves it. Can't wait to see what you quilt next.

www.janemarieblog.com said...

Hi Jodie, Oh my goodness, I love it and love that you decided to "wing it". I hope to be so brave soon too. Where did you get the lovely fabrics?

Lea said...

It is just gorgeous! No doubt it was well received.

Calico Child said...

You have finished it Jodie, its gorgeous :) love the dress too very nice :)
I will be organised next week to start doing the monday link with you sounds like fun.
Have a great weekend x :)

rachelmp said...

It looks just wonderful

Jodie @ The Haby Goddess said...

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely comments xx

Jane, the grand plan was to use fabrics from my stash but in typical teenage fashion she didn't like many of them so I said she could only choose cheap cotton florals from Spotlight! But they did all go together really nicely.