Product Review : Poke-A-Dot sticky thimbles


I'm not a thimble wearer as I find them extremely bulky and uncomfortable.
But I may have just been converted after road testing the Poke-A-Dot sticky thimbles from Jillily Studios.

For me, I mainly require a thimble for pushing the needle through as I often hand sew with many layers - such as adding buttons on scrappy flowers, yo-yo's or through layers of felt.

Each dot is made of durable polyurethane and has a cute design on the top to give texture so your needle won't slip. You forget that it's there and I love that you don't need to take it on and off if you are going back and forth to the sewing machine.  

It has a strong stick and you will easily get more than one use from each dot.  I've been moving it from finger to finger and I'm even typing this post with it on and the stickiness hasn't lessened. I was also able to thread my needle while wearing it.

They are available in The Haby Goddess online store.


2 comments:

Catherine Peart said...

That is genius!! That would suit me much, much better than a regular thimble.

Cathie said...

i don't like regular thimbles either! these ones are ingenious!